As many as 1:5 kids struggle to learn to read...
Evidence-based reading instruction can change the trajectory of their entire life! Will you support a struggling reader today? #BeTheOne
TEC Dyslexia Resource Center's mission is to help beginning and struggling readers by:
- Raising awareness of dyslexia
- Offering affordable and accessible direct services
- Training educators in evidenced-based reading instruction
Located in Columbia, SC we offer services and resources for students who struggle with reading and those who teach them. With the support of donors and volunteers, we change the trajectory of student lives by helping them gain the skills necessary to become readers.
TEC Dyslexia Resource Center is a 501(c)(3) organization as the literacy outreach of Eau Claire Shalom Ministries, Columbia, SC.
We know how important it is to find helpful resources when a child is struggling To read...We can help!
What we do:
- Partner with schools and community groups to raise awareness of Dyslexia.
- Offer on-site workshops, Dyslexia Discussion Groups and tutor training using Orton-Gillingham influenced structured literacy programs.
- Provide Dyslexia Simulation Events for parents, educators and the community.
- Support parents through consultations, workshops, assessments and referrals.
- Provide individual and group tutoring programs that improve reading proficiency.
- Offer affordable access to web-based Language Therapy.
- Maintain a Dyslexia Resource Library.
- Advocate for improvements in our educational system and for strong legislation on behalf of people with Dyslexia and related learning disabilities.