Tutor Eau Claire…
Makes a Difference
- Recruiting and training community tutors.
- Offering reading tutorials and one-on-one tutoring.
- Helping students meet grade level standards.
- Involving parents in Family Fluency Programs.
- Advocating for students with specific learning disabilities.
- Informing parents and teachers about dyslexia.
Meets the Need
In the Eau Claire Community of Richland County, School District One:
- Children ask “Will you help me with my reading?”
- 90% of students receive free or reduced lunch.
- 40% of children in 1st grade are at risk for reading failure.
For struggling readers:
- 74% of 1st grade students with reading difficulties, will be poor readers in 9th grade if there is no intervention.
- Discouraged students turn to drugs, gangs, violence, teen sex and pregnancy.